Mentor a Student | USQ Career Mentoring Program
The USQ Career Mentoring Program allows students to connect with industry professionals to help prepare for the transition from university to employment. This program aims to enhance students' knowledge, understanding and professional networks, and provides mentors the opportunity to meet, grow and learn from upcoming talent in the industry.
The Career Mentoring Program is open to all study disciplines and programs at USQ. You are able to connect with a mentor as a one-off meeting or for an ongoing connection. For ongoing connections, you will receive fortnightly guidance from USQ until the end of the round.
Key dates for the 2022 mentoring rounds:
| ||Students to submit a mentoring connection request by ||Notification of your mentoring match by ||Start date ||Goals due *1 ||End date *2 ||Round length |
|Round 1 || 1 March ||16 March ||21 March ||3 April ||29 April || 6-weeks |
|Round 2 ||8 July ||20 July ||25 July ||7 Aug ||2 Sep || 6-weeks |
|Round 3 ||7 Nov ||23 Nov ||28 Nov ||4 Dec ||16 Dec ||3-weeks |
How the program will run:
- On the start date of the round, you will be e-introduced to your mentoring partner and provided a Goal Setting task to complete together.
- *1 Within the first 14 days of the round, you will be asked to submit your Goals to the Program Administrators via an online worksheet.
- *2 You will be informed if your connection is through a one-off connection (which is a one-off meeting with your Mentor) or an ongoing connection. If an ongoing connection, you will receive fortnightly guidance until the end date of that round.
- You will gain access to activity ideas and resources on the online Activity Portal.
- Program Administrators will be checking-in throughout the program and are available for any questions you may have.
Register as a Mentor
Mentors can submit their interest (Mentor Bio) here
Step 1. Complete Mentor Bio
Step 2. Program Administrators will design your Mentor Profile and send you a version for approval. Once approved, your profile will be made available on the student registration portal for students to view.
Step 3. Program Administrators will contact you with an overview of your potential mentoring partner. You will be asked to approve or decline the mentoring request.
Need more information? Contact us
USQ Careers and Employability
Phone: +61 7 4631 2372