Hosting a Student
Hosting a USQ undergraduate student is an ideal way to develop your future workforce and assist a student to fulfil their career goals. USQ Career Development can work with you to provide our students with work related opportunities within your organisation. This can be facilitated through Work-Integrated Learning placements or through our Industry Experience Program.
Your organisation can benefit by:
- gaining exposure to the benefits of hosting an enthusiastic student with fresh ideas, enthusiasm and current discipline knowledge
- trialling potential employees on-the-job without obligation
- adding to your workforce to manage the busy times or complete projects you never get time to address
- making a valuable contribution to the career development of students
- securing and developing new talent, helping reduce the impact of the current skills shortage
- establishing a mutually beneficial partnership relationship with USQ
Work Integrated Learning (WIL)
Work integrated learning (WIL) describes a wide range of learning experiences undertaken by students to better prepare them for future employment. One of the most beneficial WIL experiences is a work placement which involves working with a dedicated professional who can coach, mentor and supervise this important aspect of the student learning journey.
Industry Experience Program
The USQ Industry Experience Program has been designed to assist students to develop their employability skills, knowledge and understanding of career opportunities in their chosen industry. This program is a practical learning-based industry experience program that allows an organisation to host a student for unpaid industry experience for up to 30 days per year within a designated period of time.
USQ has entered into a contract of insurance indemnifying the student and the Industry Experience provider against liability for personal injury or property damage suffered by the student, the Industry Experience provider or another person arising out of the work experience. USQ Career Development manage the formalities for the placement of an Industry Experience student within your organisation.
To proceed with hosting a USQ student under the Industry Experience Program you will be required to complete the Industry Experience Program Contract. Contact USQ Student Services on 07 4631 2372 or Student.Success@usq.edu.au to speak with the Coordinator of the program.
If you are interested in hosting a student for either an Industry Experience Placement or for Work Integrated Learning, please contact us.