Hosting a Student
Hosting a USQ undergraduate student is an ideal way to develop your future workforce and assist a student to fulfil their career goals. USQ Careers and Employability can work with you to provide our students with work related opportunities within your organisation. This can be facilitated through Work-Integrated Learning placements or through our Industry Experience Program.
Your organisation can benefit by:
- gaining exposure to the benefits of hosting an enthusiastic student with fresh ideas, enthusiasm and current discipline knowledge
- trialling potential employees on-the-job without obligation
- adding to your workforce to manage the busy times or complete projects you never get time to address
- making a valuable contribution to the career development of students
- securing and developing new talent, helping reduce the impact of the current skills shortage
- establishing a mutually beneficial partnership relationship with USQ
Work Integrated Learning (WIL)
Work integrated learning (WIL) describes a wide range of learning experiences undertaken by students to better prepare them for future employment. One of the most beneficial WIL experiences is a work placement which involves working with a dedicated professional who can coach, mentor and supervise this important aspect of the student learning journey.
Extra-curricular work experience opportunities
The USQ Careers and Employability team are also happy to work with you to promote, find and finalise work experience opportunities with USQ students.
If the placement fits within the USQ Industry Experience Program, USQ can offer insurance coverage within 5 days of the completed contract.
If additional paperwork needs to be compete, there can be a delay of up to two months to finalise the placement where insurance coverage is required.
For further information please contact the Careers and Employability team.
USQ has entered into a contract of insurance indemnifying the student and the Industry Experience provider against liability for personal injury or property damage suffered by the student, the Industry Experience provider or another person arising out of the work experience. USQ Careers and Employability manage the formalities for the placement of an Industry Experience student within your organisation.
If you are interested in hosting a student please contact us to discuss further.